Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catching Up

So this is my second post today, but I am trying to make this blog interesting.

I just returned from my second trip to SD last week and of course it was amazing.

I stayed for five days and met many new people.

I took a tour to some of the sites outside of the Colonial Zone with my tour guide, Francisco.

He's a cool guy that is studying to be an English Teacher, and usually can be found hanging out at the Panteon National.

This time I stayed at the La Casona Dorada hotel, which is in the Gascue part of the city, not a bad walk to the Colonial Zone. It is a good hotel with reasonable rates. They treated me well, and had a free breakfast every day. The bed was very hard but I assume that is typical for the area.

On the corner of Indepencia next to the hotel is a small, I guess you would call it a store/concession stand. There are some very nice people that work there and the manager is this short guy with glasses that lived in NY for a while, but I cant remember his name.

He was a good conversationalist, and one of the few people that I could talk to in English. A year ago I spoke no Spanish, but I am learning quickly.

Next blog I will talk more about some of the people I met, the taxi guy, those little pests, the limpia botas, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment